Black Forest Cuckoo Clocks
Traditional Cuckoo Clock
German craftsmanship in perfection.
Here you can see some examples of our cuckoo clocks and luckily you can also order them, if you wish. Please have a closer look on details like carvings, proportions, hands, design and get familiar with the quality of our clocks. It is also possible to color them in different tones and we can change the wood as well, but that can change the price.
Our Blackforest Standard Cuckoo Clock
Decorated with a wooden bird on top as well as carved maple leaves all around the cuckoo-clock. Handcutted shingles all around. approx.10 inches high with handcarved handles. Available also in natural, natural burned, cherrywood and walnut stained.
approx. 10 inches high
On your request we can also customize your German cuckoo clock according to your requirements. – Please contact us for your special request.
Our Cuckoo Clocks are only available here in this store. We want to support and protect the Black Forest cuckoo clock and want to maintain an old tradition.
All carvings are done with love and pleasure by our carvers. There is no mass production of these clock-models. There would be done always just a small amount of several models.
Our clocks are equipped with:
- deep carved carvings
- figures, hands and cuckoo from wood
- decoration is from pure natural materials
- mechanical movement from SBS in Schonach, Black Forest
- rust-resistant chains from brass
- groundcase from massive wood or shingles on the house and on the roof
- proportional right and realistic representation from animals, plants and people
- instructions in English
- 5 years warranty (with service-addresses world-wide)
Please take your time and a look. Put your attention to details like the clock face, hands and the carvings. Then compare them to factory-made ones and you`ll realize the differences.
The Wood we use:
- mainly lindenwood
- maple, pine, walnut, cherrytree, nuttree, oak
What we don’t use:
- animals, which don`t look like in Nature
- electronical movement from China or Korea
- plastic arts like cuckoo, decoration or figures
- visible plywood cases and boards
- careless decoration, which doesn’t fit proportional
- too many toys on the clock like beer drinkers, kissing-pair, woodchopper, which are also sensitive parts of the movement
Around 1640 the first clocks have been made in the Black Forest and have been totally made from wood, inclusive the movement. About 1730 the clockmaker Franz Josef Ketterer was successful to imitate the natural cuckoo-call through two different air-bellows. The first cuckoo-clocks have been equipped with motives of hunting, birds and leaves.
In long winter months the clocks have been produced with phantasie and craftman skill in the Black Forest farming-houses and have been sold and exchanged from the worldfamous clockpeddlers, who walked through whole Europe and even to Russia and the USA.
The cuckoo-clock is since 250 years one of the export hits, which made the German inventive spirit worldwide famous and is still a well known trademark.
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE 365 DAYS A YEAR ANYTHING FROM GERMANY Your partner for handcrafted products from Austria, Germany and Switzerland Tilsiter Strasse 10 D-60487 Frankfurt am Main Germany Phone +49-69-95 90 97 00 Fax +49-69-90 55 48 40 www.Anything-from-Germany.com
#MadeinGermany #AnythingfromGermany #craftsmanship #handwerkskunst #carving #schreinerei #carpenter #Ahornblatt